For several years we have been proud to have our employees participate in volunteerism experiences that contribute something meaningful to our communities around the world. Listed below are examples of these programs that have laid a foundation of team work and collaboration amongst one another.
- • Volunteers of America-Operation Backpack: Much support from the community in the form of financial gifts and sponsorship, donations of product and services and spreading the word about providing fully supplied grade specific backpacks to students. http://www.voa-gny.org/operation-backpack
- • American Cancer Society - Breast Cancer Walk: When you walk with and raise money for a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event, you help the American Cancer Society finish the fight against breast cancer. http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/
- • NYC Food Bank – Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. http://www.foodbanknyc.org/
- • Prom.org – Team members have donated dresses to help low-income students attend their Proms. It has since expanded to include regular donations of clothing and school supplies to students who are sick, homeless or live in shelters and do not have family to assist them. http://www.operationprom.org/
- • St. Thomas Church - Every Saturday morning at 9:30 parishioners and friends gather in the Parish House living room and dining room to prepare approximately 300 bag lunches of soup (in winter) or fruit cup (in summer), sandwiches, and cookies. Volunteers depart at 11:00 walking along nine routes in mid-Manhattan distributing lunches to the homeless. Twice a month toiletries are distributed. http://www.saintthomaschurch.org/about/outreach
- • Brooklyn Animal Rescue Coalition – A group of team members schedule visits to walk dogs for BARC while being provided with food and shelter for abandoned animals. http://www.barcshelter.org/volunteer.html